Wednesday, March 30, 2011

a quick thanks to Upsi~♥ this is brilliant & somehow someone somewhere, has conveyed my own words..

...Some children have sufficient psychological and emotional stamina and will to separate and distance themselves from the narcissistic mother. They find other adults who are protective of them and respect and honor their authenticity. (I have a Mother figure ~ my Great Aunt & Father figure in my Uncle ~ sorry Dad you know I love ya but they're here for me too they're in this circle of safety that I have had to have to be able to survive emotionally & keep intact) These are often adult family members who protect the child from the corrosive effects of narcissism. Many children grow up and finally recognize that they were never allowed to be their true selves, that they were manipulated and treated cruelly as a result of their psychologically disturbed parent and that this is not their doing or their fault. Some seek quality psychotherapy and heal the narcissistic mother wound. They now stand on the strength and grounding of their authenticity. They have come full circle---free from the obstructive oppression of the narcissistic mother and now true to themselves. This is a great victory that deserves our respect and understanding.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I call these people Chain Breakers. I admire anyone that is willing to say, "This is not OK. It is time for this to stop." upsi is wonderful and making a difference for both of us. I appreciate you sharing your story.