Monday, March 7, 2011

in my 35 years i've learned..


~ that when you're in love, it shows

~ that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day" makes my day

~ that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world

~ that being kind is more important than being right

~ that no matter how serious your life requires us to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with

~ that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand

~ that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular

~ that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved

~ that to ignore the facts does not change the facts

~ that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you

~that love, not time, heals all wounds

~ that opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss

~ that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere

~ that I wish I could have told my DG that I loved her one more time before she passed away

~that you should keep your words both soft and tender, because tomorrow you may have to eat them

~ that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks

~ that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it

~ that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it

~ that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation



~ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ~

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I like what you have learned.

Anonymous said...

"That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere"

Wow. I really needed to see this today. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing blog...pls do not stop blogging. I am new to NPD and have suffered from a NP Mom my whole life I am 40. I am just learning what this is - all these years I thought she was just mean and didnt love me or I didnt deserve to be loved since a young child. Thanks for your words.