Saturday, June 25, 2011

Facebook...


My sister & I have been talking on and off over the past few weeks..she's moved back up here and living in Mums empty house.. so far we appear to be getting along, her cancer is still being treated and everybody is hoping that it's not spread to her bones but it's something else that is showing up in scans that can be explained.
I go from moments of being in denial to "it's ok things will be ok". But if it were someone else we were talking about I'd say "This isn't a good situation at all". But when it is your own family your own sister your mind tends to not want to accept these types of conversations that go on within your mind.
To be honest I don't know what to think, what does a 50/50 survival rate over the next 5 years actually mean? I have talked to my psychologist on the phone, to get guidance I suppose, for someone to tell me it's going to be ok but she can't do that she can't tell me what is going to happen. I think I know this deep down too but need reassurance. She's become my safety net but this time she can't do a thing.

Last night my sister friend requested me on facebook & I accepted, I did think about it myself earlier but left it at that.. The tumour itself is gone but the dark lesions/shadows spots whatever they are are there & one has grown in size. Please keep her in your prayers/thoughts that whatever it is can be treated & that this is just a stepping stone that she will be able to one day look back on & know she has the rest of her life to look forward to.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

No matter what way you look at it cancer is a life changing experience. I do like the poem about Cancer being so limited.
http://www.scrapbook.com/poems/doc/4878/403.html

I am now a 10 year survivor.

Keeping your family in my prayers.